Industrial Products – Component Manufacturer
Manufacturing and Supply Chain Excellence
Deliver radical operational performance improvements in order to win new orders and transform market perceptions.
Our client, a leading supplier of pumps and motors to major civil aerospace manufacturers, was faced with the challenge of how to remain competitive in an environment where customers were demanding better responsiveness, quality, delivery and prices.
- As a first step, a small joint team was mobilised to review current operations and determine potential improvement opportunities, including a number of “quick wins” to create early benefits and effectively make the programme self-funding.
- The team then progressively tackled all elements of the manufacturing and supply chain processes, deploying lean techniques, strategic sourcing, and other operational excellence principles.
Key Achievements & Value Delivered
- 95% improvement in delivery performance.
- 100% improvement in delivery quality.
- 60% reduction in product lead time.
- Maintenance of output levels with a 25% reduction in workforce.
- Securing of largest order for three years with principal customer.